|Frost-Inferno Metal Cap|
|Hack||Super Mario 64 The Green Stars|
|Number of Stars||3|
|Music Used||Pokémon Gold & Silver - Dark Cave|
|Stage or HUB Level is located in||Fiery Factory|
Star names are descriptive only, the game refers to them as "secret stars".
Star 1: Red Coins Edit
To earn this star, Mario must collect the 8 red coins scattered throughout the stage. Note that acquiring this star does NOT kick Mario out of the level. The locations are as follows:
- On the edge of the lava at the start location
- On top of a pillar near the metal cap switch, wall kick off the lower pillar to reach it
- On a small island next to the volcano
- In a pipe off to the side, separated from the rest of the land, and across a frozen lake
- Next to the waterfall
- At the bottom of the pond with the "!" switch
- On the tallest of the three pillars
- Between the trees. Can either be obtained by jumping onto a tree using a triple jump and then jumping to the coin or by doing a very accurate triple jump + ground pound.
After obtaining all 8 red coins, the red coin star appears on the ground near the trees.
Star 2: Inside the Volcano Edit
Bounce across the lava over to the island with the metal cap, at the base of the volcano. Pick up the metal cap and hold forward to climb the path of lava, get to the top and fall inside. Bounce across the lava pool to grab the star.
Star 3: Up the Frozen Waterfall Edit
Use the metal cap to "lava boost" up the frozen waterfall to the top. Be warned, this star can be very difficult, as the camera angles make Mario very hard to control. Try to bounce from one edge of the waterfall to the other, pulling back on the control stick after Mario comes off the waterfall and rotate it to forward in the direction you want Mario to go. This will get Mario around 3/4 of the way up the waterfall before the camera spins around. Patience is key.